An essential info site for anyone learning the game. Great community and often very insightful posts.

HomeGet StartedSearchRulesRegisterLog in

[SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
TSP

[SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 6 EmptyThu 17 Oct 2019, 9:53 am

I am starting to suspect that me getting 100% in most (all?) skills is getting me booted, but I have nothing to back that up. I tried just editing the char to 0 skills but I automatically got set to 100% skill levels again. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] could you perhaps set it so that skills aren't set at 100%, aside from double checking what I tried so far in case I'm in the wrong here and there's some other reason this isn't working? Thank you so much in advance!

Edit: Going into gameconfigs.cfg I was able to set the maximum skill value from 700 to 7000 and that prevented the game from booting me out! I can now actually move around and play the game.

I would love to:
Have severely reduced exp values. I guess I can solve that by setting it to LOW? it's a bit extreme!

max level changes... is it going to be tricky to set it to 475/700? I can't seem to compile anything due to the mentioned errors in VS2019 aside from the fix that the other person provided me with the change. 

And start with skills at 0% so I can level them up? Thank you all for the help so far!

But I have no idea where to begin. Still, this is a serious boost!
Back to top Go down
LifeX
♡ Game Master

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 6 EmptySat 19 Oct 2019, 6:43 am

TSP, I forgot about the 700 max skills thingy, that is my mistake. 

For you to change to 475/700 it would be tricky, as you need to change 3-4 things in hgserver and client, then the exp multiplier for all NPC because the NPC exp is meant for 200/200.

Download Team Viewer and PM me the id and pw of teamviewer. I will help you setup the vb6.0, for you to edit the source file on your accord, best you make back up every time you wanna edit something in the source. And also to fix your skills and also the exp.

After that you should be able to play accordingly. To change the level and stats, you need to venture on your own because Centuu release this files as a 200/200, if he is willing to change it for ya, then its up to his decision.
Back to top Go down
TSP

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 6 EmptySat 19 Oct 2019, 7:07 am

Hey LifeX,

First off, I want to thank you for helping me out here. Sadly, I share the pc with my girlfriend, there's important work related stuff on it. So I can't really permit remote access even if it is secured, she trusts me with it.

However, it wouldn't bother me if i have to reinstall server files that you upload here. I got it working perfectly now after all so I am happy with just those alterations that I would have liked!

I figured out how to edit npc's and thus their exp values. So that wont be needed by centuu either I think.

Would you be okay with that? Eventually Id like to take a peek at the sources and edit them perhaps or learn about the code/coding. So ideally it would be awesome for the files to be vs2019 compatible, but that part is totally optional.

But the 475/700 and no 100% skills would be awesome! Thank you so much for the help so far, having a good trip through memory lane!
Back to top Go down
LifeX
♡ Game Master

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 6 EmptySat 19 Oct 2019, 7:17 am

Remote access would be permitted or done, when you are in front of the PC of course, In any case I am unaware of the directory, or files, i normally write on a notepad in front of the screen for you to read.

In any way if you think I am violating which I have no interest with, you can close the TV connection. But anyhow the choice is your's entirely.

Good luck with the server files.
Back to top Go down
TSP

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 6 EmptySat 19 Oct 2019, 9:24 am

I do feel a bit uncomfortable about it, I'm sorry. Am I correct in assuming you'd rather not just pass me the edited files instead? That would be much preferred for me. Regardless, I thank you for your help, with which without I'd very likely not have been able to make this work in the first place!
Back to top Go down
LifeX
♡ Game Master

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 6 EmptySat 19 Oct 2019, 11:10 am

Like what Centuu mention, everyone have to learn.

I can't help someone who doesn't seem to want to help themselves. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
TSP

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 6 EmptyMon 21 Oct 2019, 5:14 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Like what Centuu mention, everyone have to learn.

I can't help someone who doesn't seem to want to help themselves. Good luck.
Thank you.

I managed to compile pretty much every source in the HB files lists on this forum aside from the one in your google drive, using VB6. Specifically, it errors specifically related to MP3 statements, so I assume those are experimental features? I can manage to compile HGserver and client files of oxy, cordoba, legion and santana. I haven't tried more.

I hope you are pleased with those results. I couldn't find a source of your server files on your drive (Hidden/viewable only by you?) so I couldn't try those out.

If you manage to share those files and fix the mp3 issues (maybe I should just omit those lines?) are you willing to help me out from that point on without remote desktop, considering I hopefully showed you some willingness and persevereness from myself? I'm pleased with being able to get VB6 to work properly with all the other source files which wasn't possible before.

Error log: https://i.imgur.com/62COgGD.png

p.s. the client.rar that you have on the drive has files in them (Think Centuu tried this to help me a week ago) that were detrimental to compiling cximage and jpg library because they have cached files in their build directory that would only work on his PC. Emptying the build directories of those files allowed me to get past of all of those errors and am left with only the few I showed in the link above. I'm quite happy with the result I'm making considering how little I know about all of this.

Hope I didn't disappoint this time.
Back to top Go down
LifeX
♡ Game Master

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 6 EmptyMon 21 Oct 2019, 7:11 am

I found the reason why you are still having issues, even after I fix them. Centuu have uploaded and replace my fixes with the old source. Hence the tremendous amount of error and issues.

I am not sure is it because the files I uploaded can't be viewed by all, or Centuu uploaded the wrong source.

This is the Server Files, with the compiled HGServer inside GameServer. And Also the HGServer source, all using VB6.0 to compile.

Next post will be the Client Source, and also the Client Files that is needed to play the game.
Attachments
[SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 6 AttachmentServer Files.zip
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(2.7 Mb) Downloaded 8 times
[SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 6 AttachmentHGServer.zip
(1.2 Mb) Downloaded 5 times
Back to top Go down
LifeX
♡ Game Master

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 6 EmptyMon 21 Oct 2019, 7:15 am

This is the Client Source, and also the Client FILES to play the server.
Attachments
[SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 6 AttachmentClient.zip
(4.9 Mb) Downloaded 5 times
[SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 6 AttachmentFiles.zip
(26.1 Mb) Downloaded 7 times
Back to top Go down
TSP

TSP

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 6 EmptyMon 21 Oct 2019, 7:37 am

Thank you! That was exactly what I was looking for; the client src and hbserver src were missing from the drive.

I was able to successfully compile the client! I assume changing DEF_MAX_LEVEL and DEF_STATS_LIMIT in both the client and hgserver will make it work just fine? I see a config file too, I'll edit it there too, just to be sure.

Will there be any issues in terms of technical difficulties if I change these too high? The high rates servers never seem to go higher than 475/700; This is overkill in the first place for the default npc settings I think; but it's good to know what the limits would be, especially if I'd add in npcs.

I noticed in the few days that I played last week that some enemies seem to drop some things consistently but other items rarely. i.e. if I edit the settings.cfg to drop rates of primary 10/secondary 20/rares 10, the Demon enemy drops Capes very frequently but almost never (or never? I didn't kill THAT many (200-300)) any other item aside from gold which seems to be guaranteed.

Do I have to check and edit loot tables for all the creatures to make the drop rates/loot tables line up with how it used to work in the "retail" version of the game? Or was I just unlucky? :P

Anyway, enormous thanks for the help!

Edit: p.s. What should I change to make the gold drop rate (not value per drop) much lower so that items drop relatively regularly but gold drops less? I'm studying the source files now of hgserver so maybe I'll figure it out in the meantime myself, but it would be nice if I could tap into your fountain of knowledge.

Edit2: I also seem to have a guaranteed chance to hit. Even with just the base 10 dex and 0% skill I consistently hit enemies. Is this also true for enemies vs me? Is it possible to have it be the traditional "dex + hit prob vs dex + defense"?
Back to top Go down
TSP

TSP

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 6 EmptyTue 22 Oct 2019, 2:13 am

If I understand it correctly, this is wrong:

HGServer source:
game.cpp, line 44061:  if (iDice(1,10000) <= m_iGoldRate) { // Centuu : Agregado para controlar el drop de oro.

I can't read the spanish but, this value should be >= and not <=, because the current setting causes the gold drop rate to be inverse (i.e. "low gold drop rate" actually causes a whole lot more drops than "high gold drop rate") Correct me if I'm wrong. still wrapping my head around this. I am suspecting similar things to other drop rates.

Edit: Further down the line this happens again with primary and secondary drop rates AND rare drop rates. Also, some secondary drop rates are affected by primary drop rates in that, say, "halving" the values for the primary and secondary drop rates in settings.cfg doesn't actually mean that both primary and secondary items both drop twice as often. In fact, the opposite is true.

line 49734: if (iDice(1,10000) <= m_iRareDropRate) { // MORLA 2.6 - Rare droops

So if you set rare drop rate to a value of 10 (lower value is supposed to INCREASE drop rates!) then you only have a 0.009% chance of a rare drop. So you have to change that part to >=. It is declared properly to be >= further above this line. Having certain inverse effects like the code has now (>= somewhere and <= later) means that some things can never ever happen!

Line 37919:  if (iDice(1,100) < m_iRareDropRate/100)

Is another counter-intuitive statement. If lower values for raredroprate increase the odds of a rare item dropping, then why would a value like this severely reduce the odds of it being a good item? i.e. if i have a rare drop rate of 10 then idice will ALWAYS be higher than m_iRareDropRate and never ever adjust rare item value. i.e. raredroprate of 100 in settings.cfg which is a very high drop rate for rares (or supposed to be...) will only yield a 1% chance to increase rare item value! While a raredroprate of 10.000 (Almost impossible to drop a rare) will guarantee it to be increased in value. It is inverse to the intent of increasing drop rates.

The same can be said for primary drop rates vs gold. The higher the primary drop rates, the higher (relative to primary drop rates!) gold drop becomes. The closer primarydroprate becomes to being guaranteed, the larger the odds are of it being gold instead of a primary item. This has a compounding effect on the secondary drop chance as well because that's linked to primary drops.

My proposal: Have all drops be separate from each other. That way they cannot interfere with each other based on individual drop rates.
Back to top Go down
TSP

TSP

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 6 EmptyTue 22 Oct 2019, 3:54 am

So far I've not been able to properly increase stat points per level. I manage to set both hgserver and client to give 6 stat points per level, and they are perfectly fine assigned on levelup. But when I leave the game and log back in, I get immediately disconnected saying "Connection lost!" I assume there's a setting that calculates the stat points you're supposed to have and I have altered several but I assume I'm missing one. Does anyone have any idea?

Edit: or is it perhaps a different server that checks the stat points that we don't have the source of?
Back to top Go down
LifeX
♡ Game Master
LifeX

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 6 EmptyTue 22 Oct 2019, 4:28 am

As i explained, to change level and stats take more then just changing those settings and numbers inside HGServer.

You need check the antihacks where they disconnect you for having more then you suppose to get. Because HBServer itself is always 3 stat points per level, hence those who dont know how to figure it out always go 475/700 because that way you dont need to change the stats points. There are numerous places to change the stats points from 3 to 6 per level.

And also drop rate, it really depends on how you want to set it up, either change from source itself or outside in Settings.cfg. There are technically four different kind of drops.

1) Pot / Gold.
2) Armor / Weapon
3) Rares
4) Boss Drops

I dont have source with me, not sure what is the common Function Name as I change the function name in my own source.

My drop function is called, NpcKillDrops, BodyDisappearDrops, and BossDrops, i dont rmbr the common function name.

Good luck.

LifeX

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
TSP

TSP

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 6 EmptyTue 22 Oct 2019, 4:35 am

Thanks LifeX, I started to figure out the hack-prevention stuff. It's fun to study and look at the code. It's definitely disrespectful with some of the comments in the code "retarded korean code" for example. Guess that's what happens when the source gets passed along many different types of people.

I managed to change all the codes in hgserver to make sure it gives 6 points and my client accepts that, too. With a lot of trial and error, I found out that the client is okay with getting 6 points per level, but when I assign only 3 points, log back out and back in, the client will say it has only 0 points left (So those 3 points disappeared.)

I am right now assuming that adding in all 6 points will cause the client to re-evaluate the points on log-in and would display a < 0 value and thus boot me out. I'll keep trying.

Edit: I managed to make it work!  :bueno:
Back to top Go down
Centuu.-
♡ Game Master
Centuu.-

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 6 EmptyTue 22 Oct 2019, 7:59 am

Great! It's nice to see how much you learned in short time. Keep working and we'll be glad to see your server online soon!
Back to top Go down
Yingo

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 6 EmptyTue 22 Oct 2019, 10:22 pm

Centuu podrias subir HGServer sources v3.0 by HBx Team
Back to top Go down
Centuu.-
♡ Game Master
Centuu.-

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 6 EmptyWed 23 Oct 2019, 8:13 am

Centuu podrias subir HGServer sources v3.0 by HBx Team

El source Base o el mío editado?
Back to top Go down
Centuu.-
♡ Game Master
Centuu.-

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 6 EmptyWed 23 Oct 2019, 8:14 am

I found the reason why you are still having issues, even after I fix them. Centuu have uploaded and replace my fixes with the old source. Hence the tremendous amount of error and issues.

I am not sure is it because the files I uploaded can't be viewed by all, or Centuu uploaded the wrong source.

This is the Server Files, with the compiled HGServer inside GameServer. And Also the HGServer source, all using VB6.0 to compile.

Next post will be the Client Source, and also the Client Files that is needed to play the game.

My mistake :LOL:
Back to top Go down
Yingo

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 6 EmptyWed 23 Oct 2019, 7:53 pm

Centuu mil disculpas, no había leído los comentarios de LifeX, ya con esos Files me sirvió, pido nuevamente disculpas por no leer :B
Back to top Go down
Hernan34

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 6 EmptyWed 23 Oct 2019, 10:54 pm

ya no da errores al compilar los Source Client y del HG, pero si da error al querer levantar el servidor arrojando el siguiente mensaje STOPPED! POTION configuration error, ya que si alguien intenta bajarlo y no sabe como solucionarlo no podra usar los files.
Otra cosa, queria preguntar el porque estos files al usar la la ip 127.0.0.1 el servidor levanta, pero al intentar ingresar da conexion lost el cliente. he usado muchos files diferentes y nunca tuve este error. Si alguien me puede sacar esa duda. Gracias
Back to top Go down
TSP

TSP

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 6 EmptyThu 24 Oct 2019, 12:50 am

I cannot read Spanish and google translate doesn't always work on this site (As in this case, too). So my apologies if my answer isn't what you're looking for.

The potion configuration error is incorrect unless you actually meddled with that configuration file. The problem is actually as follows:

The server files do not come with a DupItemID.cfg file, but hgserver needs that file. You can just create an empty txt file and rename it to DupItemID.cfg. Make sure DupItemID.cfg is in the same folder as GateServer.exe/MainLServer.exe/WorldLServer.exe

If you did it correctly, you won't get a potion configuration error message anymore.
Back to top Go down
LifeX
♡ Game Master
LifeX

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 6 EmptyThu 24 Oct 2019, 6:56 am

I have never used DupItemID,cfg inside the server files, why would it be needed?

I use the file that I provide with no issues.

LifeX

Back to top Go down
Hernan34

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 6 EmptyThu 24 Oct 2019, 1:41 pm

El archivo ya se encuentra dentro de la carpeta del servidor y sigue dando ese error al ejecutar el hg (no levanta) Use los archivos que subió lifex, compile tanto el client como el hg y al intentar levantar el servidor en el hg tira ese error.
Back to top Go down
Yingo

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 6 EmptyThu 24 Oct 2019, 3:06 pm

Hernan34 descargar los Files que subio Centuu 

encontraras el block de notas DupItemID.cfg, agregalo a la carpeta del server y listo tiene que funcionar
Back to top Go down

[SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Join Helbreath :: Open Source / Development Corner :: Files / Sources-
Jump to: