An essential info site for anyone learning the game. Great community and often very insightful posts.

HomeGet StartedSearchRulesRegisterLog in

[SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
TSP

[SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 5 EmptyWed 16 Oct 2019, 7:04 am

Now I'm getting https://i.imgur.com/XkilNRq.png

So that doesn't help either. Anyway... No time left for today. Guess I'll try again tomorrow but I'm feeling very hopeless over this.

Why can't it just work?!
Back to top Go down
sleeq

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 5 EmptyWed 16 Oct 2019, 7:06 am

Remove the space between the < and > so it will look like this
Attachments
[SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 5 Attachment1.jpg
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(5 Kb) Downloaded 6 times
Back to top Go down
TSP

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 5 EmptyWed 16 Oct 2019, 7:09 am

There is no < or > in that line at all.

Can anyone just upload both a client and a server source that I can just compile in VS2019 or VS2010 without having to edit anything that may or may not work? I just want to compile the files, edit the ini's to set up the IP's and just... run it and play?

That's all I'm looking for. How did all of you manage to compile all of this anyway?!

Edit: now I see your attachment. It looks like "" instead of < and > in VS2019... At least in the files the two admins recommended me to download.

Edit2: I didn't read the part of replacing it with windows.h... I'm so sorry. Guess I really just let my emotions get the better of me.

Last edited by TSP on Wed 16 Oct 2019, 7:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sleeq

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 5 EmptyWed 16 Oct 2019, 7:12 am

Extract this into the HGServer source folder and you should be fine compiling it afterwards

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by sleeq on Wed 16 Oct 2019, 7:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Centuu.-
♡ Game Master

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 5 EmptyWed 16 Oct 2019, 7:14 am

It's complicated, yes... I understand. In my case, I work programming. Now I'll compile them for you and upload to the Drive.
Back to top Go down
TSP

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 5 EmptyWed 16 Oct 2019, 7:17 am

Repeating my last edit since you posted after my edit:

Edit2: I didn't read the part of replacing it with windows.h... I'm so sorry. Guess I really just let my emotions get the better of me.

you're right, I managed to compile it now. Now I have the "files.rar" from one admin extracted into my client folder so that one runs, but now I don't know what to do with this exe. The original server files that were uploaded on the gdrive aren't there anymore. I need those files for this server to work, right?
Back to top Go down
TSP

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 5 EmptyWed 16 Oct 2019, 7:19 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
It's complicated, yes... I understand. In my case, I work programming. Now I'll compile them for you and upload to the Drive.
Thank you too. If you leave them uncompiled but possible to be compiled with just a F5 press in VS2019 (I think this was your original intention with these files or sysetm?) that would also be great. I'm okay with learning but it's quite a leap of faith to go from no knowledge to troubleshooting issues.

Edit: time for me to head off to work, I'll only have time to try again tomorrow. Thank you both for the advice and hopefully I can manage to get it to work tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
LifeX
♡ Game Master

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 5 EmptyWed 16 Oct 2019, 11:30 am

I dont understand your problem TSP. I have done everything for you, not sure what you are planning to do bro.

I put all the CONTENTS,SOUND and SPRITES and the compiled Client.exe inside Files.rar for you, you just need edit the login.cfg inside CONTENTS folder then you are good to go.

@Centuu, I think I upload those files, others cant see it except for you and me I guess.
Back to top Go down
Hernan34

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 5 EmptyWed 16 Oct 2019, 12:49 pm

el server y los link andan perfectos. yo pude descargar todo, inclusive los archivos que subio LifeX con los fix recientes y todo anda bien.
entre recien y aca dejo una imagen que estan todos.
Back to top Go down
TSP

TSP

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 5 EmptyWed 16 Oct 2019, 3:39 pm

Thanks lifex. The client will probably work fone as will the hgserver now. But the files of the worldlogserver.exe and the other ones (gate server and another one i think) are invisible or removed on the drive.
Back to top Go down
LifeX
♡ Game Master
LifeX

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 5 EmptyWed 16 Oct 2019, 7:17 pm

Here you go.

This is the updated server files that fix the auto skills.
Attachments
[SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 5 AttachmentServer Files.zip
(2.7 Mb) Downloaded 0 times

LifeX

Last edited by LifeX on Sat 19 Oct 2019, 6:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TSP

TSP

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 5 EmptyWed 16 Oct 2019, 11:52 pm

Thank you very much. Ill be trying to get this to work in about an hour. Ill keep you up to date on the progress.
Back to top Go down
TSP

TSP

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 5 EmptyThu 17 Oct 2019, 1:10 am

So, I think I did everything right but let me just tell you what I did so you can double check me:

1. edited gateserver.cfg, HMLserver.cfg, WLserver.cfg and all the *.cfgs in all \gameserver\ to make sure all the IP's match my IP.
2. Made sure that I copied hgserver.exe into each of the directories inside the \gameserver\ directory
3. opened ports in my router
4. started up gateserver.exe, MainLserver.exe (and pressed home), WorldLserver.exe (and pressed home)
5. then start up HGserver.exe in one of the directories. I get an error now:

Just as an FYI; I used LifeX's server files. The file in the log that's erroring out seems to be not in this zip/extracted folder (DupItemID.cfg).

Am I doing something wrong here? I think I'm on the right track. Unlike the server files that I tried from other servers (i.e. oxy) had all those \gameservers\ folder combined into one folder only, but I assume I should still be OK if I open all hgserver.exe separately like I'm trying to, right? i.e. middlelands\hgserver.exe; \aresden\hgserver.exe; etcetera.

Getting hopeful.
Back to top Go down
TSP

TSP

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 5 EmptyThu 17 Oct 2019, 1:13 am

Here's the full logging. Everything else seems ok except that error right? or is the "not responding!" part not part of the error of DupItemID.cfg missing?

Back to top Go down
TSP

TSP

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 5 EmptyThu 17 Oct 2019, 3:24 am

I copied a DupItemID.cfg from a different server file (Probably will cause issues right? I'd love the file that's actually needed for this one. Or can it just be an empty file?)

When I try to start a HGserver.exe, I now get this NPC error message:

Did I do something wrong? Is everything else in the older posts still set up properly?

Edit: I'm being a dumbass. I edited the npc.cfg file myself (i wanted to reduce the XP that monsters give because this file seems to be edited by someone/deviating from "normal" (i.e. dummies giving 50K exp). I think I did the edit wrong, as it gave the NPC error. So i tried to put back the original NPC file that came with your rar, but I accidentally copied from a wrong file!

So, this seems to be working with your settings. However, I'd still like to edit the npc files to be more true to the original, but I guess I'm doing something wrong. Some tips here? meanwhile, I'll see if I can get the client to work!

Edit2:

1. I managed to log in the game! I get a lot of noise regarding learning skills (I guess skills are set to 100%? Can I just edit my char file to set it back to 0% and just slowly learn them up to 100%? I would like to just start at 0% but if editing the char file works then that's ok with me too)

2. I seem to log out after 1 second or so? I get this message: https://i.imgur.com/1hslvNN.png
Does it kick me out for some reason?

Edit3: If there's something wrong with the compiled version of the client, could you tell me what to do to make the source files of the client compile-able in VS2019? And then what to change to what to make it not auto-log-off or what it is doing? Thanks!

I tried to compile it with VB6.0 that was on your site but that also errored out on compiling with a whopping 100+ errors so I guess that is even worse than VB2019 :P

I get the feeling I'm really close to being able to get this done but I think I'm at a dead end for now. Help is really appreciated!
Back to top Go down
TSP

TSP

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 5 EmptyThu 17 Oct 2019, 9:53 am

I am starting to suspect that me getting 100% in most (all?) skills is getting me booted, but I have nothing to back that up. I tried just editing the char to 0 skills but I automatically got set to 100% skill levels again. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] could you perhaps set it so that skills aren't set at 100%, aside from double checking what I tried so far in case I'm in the wrong here and there's some other reason this isn't working? Thank you so much in advance!

Edit: Going into gameconfigs.cfg I was able to set the maximum skill value from 700 to 7000 and that prevented the game from booting me out! I can now actually move around and play the game.

I would love to:
Have severely reduced exp values. I guess I can solve that by setting it to LOW? it's a bit extreme!

max level changes... is it going to be tricky to set it to 475/700? I can't seem to compile anything due to the mentioned errors in VS2019 aside from the fix that the other person provided me with the change. 

And start with skills at 0% so I can level them up? Thank you all for the help so far!

But I have no idea where to begin. Still, this is a serious boost!
Back to top Go down
LifeX
♡ Game Master
LifeX

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 5 EmptySat 19 Oct 2019, 6:43 am

TSP, I forgot about the 700 max skills thingy, that is my mistake. 

For you to change to 475/700 it would be tricky, as you need to change 3-4 things in hgserver and client, then the exp multiplier for all NPC because the NPC exp is meant for 200/200.

Download Team Viewer and PM me the id and pw of teamviewer. I will help you setup the vb6.0, for you to edit the source file on your accord, best you make back up every time you wanna edit something in the source. And also to fix your skills and also the exp.

After that you should be able to play accordingly. To change the level and stats, you need to venture on your own because Centuu release this files as a 200/200, if he is willing to change it for ya, then its up to his decision.

LifeX

Back to top Go down
TSP

TSP

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 5 EmptySat 19 Oct 2019, 7:07 am

Hey LifeX,

First off, I want to thank you for helping me out here. Sadly, I share the pc with my girlfriend, there's important work related stuff on it. So I can't really permit remote access even if it is secured, she trusts me with it.

However, it wouldn't bother me if i have to reinstall server files that you upload here. I got it working perfectly now after all so I am happy with just those alterations that I would have liked!

I figured out how to edit npc's and thus their exp values. So that wont be needed by centuu either I think.

Would you be okay with that? Eventually Id like to take a peek at the sources and edit them perhaps or learn about the code/coding. So ideally it would be awesome for the files to be vs2019 compatible, but that part is totally optional.

But the 475/700 and no 100% skills would be awesome! Thank you so much for the help so far, having a good trip through memory lane!
Back to top Go down
LifeX
♡ Game Master
LifeX

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 5 EmptySat 19 Oct 2019, 7:17 am

Remote access would be permitted or done, when you are in front of the PC of course, In any case I am unaware of the directory, or files, i normally write on a notepad in front of the screen for you to read.

In any way if you think I am violating which I have no interest with, you can close the TV connection. But anyhow the choice is your's entirely.

Good luck with the server files.

LifeX

Back to top Go down
TSP

TSP

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 5 EmptySat 19 Oct 2019, 9:24 am

I do feel a bit uncomfortable about it, I'm sorry. Am I correct in assuming you'd rather not just pass me the edited files instead? That would be much preferred for me. Regardless, I thank you for your help, with which without I'd very likely not have been able to make this work in the first place!
Back to top Go down
LifeX
♡ Game Master
LifeX

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 5 EmptySat 19 Oct 2019, 11:10 am

Like what Centuu mention, everyone have to learn.

I can't help someone who doesn't seem to want to help themselves. Good luck.

LifeX

Back to top Go down
TSP

TSP

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 5 EmptyMon 21 Oct 2019, 5:14 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Like what Centuu mention, everyone have to learn.

I can't help someone who doesn't seem to want to help themselves. Good luck.
Thank you.

I managed to compile pretty much every source in the HB files lists on this forum aside from the one in your google drive, using VB6. Specifically, it errors specifically related to MP3 statements, so I assume those are experimental features? I can manage to compile HGserver and client files of oxy, cordoba, legion and santana. I haven't tried more.

I hope you are pleased with those results. I couldn't find a source of your server files on your drive (Hidden/viewable only by you?) so I couldn't try those out.

If you manage to share those files and fix the mp3 issues (maybe I should just omit those lines?) are you willing to help me out from that point on without remote desktop, considering I hopefully showed you some willingness and persevereness from myself? I'm pleased with being able to get VB6 to work properly with all the other source files which wasn't possible before.

Error log: https://i.imgur.com/62COgGD.png

p.s. the client.rar that you have on the drive has files in them (Think Centuu tried this to help me a week ago) that were detrimental to compiling cximage and jpg library because they have cached files in their build directory that would only work on his PC. Emptying the build directories of those files allowed me to get past of all of those errors and am left with only the few I showed in the link above. I'm quite happy with the result I'm making considering how little I know about all of this.

Hope I didn't disappoint this time.
Back to top Go down
LifeX
♡ Game Master
LifeX

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 5 EmptyMon 21 Oct 2019, 7:11 am

I found the reason why you are still having issues, even after I fix them. Centuu have uploaded and replace my fixes with the old source. Hence the tremendous amount of error and issues.

I am not sure is it because the files I uploaded can't be viewed by all, or Centuu uploaded the wrong source.

This is the Server Files, with the compiled HGServer inside GameServer. And Also the HGServer source, all using VB6.0 to compile.

Next post will be the Client Source, and also the Client Files that is needed to play the game.
Attachments
[SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 5 AttachmentServer Files.zip
(2.7 Mb) Downloaded 8 times
[SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 5 AttachmentHGServer.zip
(1.2 Mb) Downloaded 5 times

LifeX

Back to top Go down
LifeX
♡ Game Master
LifeX

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 5 EmptyMon 21 Oct 2019, 7:15 am

This is the Client Source, and also the Client FILES to play the server.
Attachments
[SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 5 AttachmentClient.zip
(4.9 Mb) Downloaded 5 times
[SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 5 AttachmentFiles.zip
(26.1 Mb) Downloaded 7 times

LifeX

Back to top Go down

[SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Join Helbreath :: Open Source / Development Corner :: Files / Sources-
Jump to: