An essential info site for anyone learning the game. Great community and often very insightful posts.

HomeGet StartedSearchRulesRegisterLog in

[SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
LifeX
♡ Game Master

[SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 4 EmptyMon 14 Oct 2019, 10:39 am

I've fixed all the problems. And Added a few more things.

1. Multi - Client.
2. Auto 100% skills for all new character.
3. Fixed the party hp and images bugs.
4. Added the new server files for those who don't have the server files.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
TSP

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 4 EmptyTue 15 Oct 2019, 5:59 am

I tried to follow the guide by Raozir here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that led me to these files. I'm simply missing the hgserver.exe described in there. The files also don't seem to have the 3.82 client.

I tried alternative files such as hb oxy to see if I can at least get it somewhat to work. I had trouble with creating accounts (Don't know how to do that at all) so I just logged in an existing account, I'm totally okay with doing that. sadly, on hb oxy, I can't seem to log in from the character screen as it said the game server wasn't responding (I managed to register all the servers with each other but one server starts telling me it lost connection to aresden.)

So I figured hb oxy is just not working or has very old files. but they had at least a client (3.52) and the hgserver.exe so I could get further than this.

I assume that the source files in this thread would compile into the hgserver.exe and a 3.82 client? I tried it with Visual Studio 2019 but I just get errors when compiling/debugging and I'm just not good at it.

I'm just interested in playing solo for a few hours or days but after trying to make this work for 5 hours, I'm at the point of frustration (My lack of knowledge being my biggest issue I think?) and am hoping you can maybe help me out. I can work with the CFG files and opening ports... I'm just missing that exe file and the actual 3.82 client I can connect to my local server. compiling files seems to just not work for me. :(
Back to top Go down
Centuu.-
♡ Game Master

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 4 EmptyTue 15 Oct 2019, 6:57 am

First of all, the client's version doesn't matter... all the features of versions 3.81 and below are incorporated in the file's sources... only if the Client and the MainLServer are the same version, it's all fine.

If you are using VS 2019 (just like me) open the .dsw file and convert the project, press F6 and compile the solution. That's all. If any error appears, post it here and we'll help you.
Do the same with the Client... and it will generate the .exe in the Release/Debug folder.
Back to top Go down
TSP

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 4 EmptyTue 15 Oct 2019, 8:22 am

Downloaded hgserver.rar from your drive and did exactly as you told. First message I got from VS2019 was that it needed to migrate (Is that the same as your convert?). F6 didn't do anything. I right-clicked the solution in the studio and clicked Build Solution.

This was the result:

Edit: Similar with the client file: https://i.imgur.com/h8aQ3Cv.png

Wouldn't it have been easier on you guys to just compile it and send like you did with a couple of the server files?
Back to top Go down
LifeX
♡ Game Master

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 4 EmptyTue 15 Oct 2019, 9:07 am

Because I am in a good mood today, I shall assist you TSP.

Go to the google drive, I have updated two FILES. 1 is called "Files.rar" and another called "Server Files.rar"

Download those two files, and extract it. I have compile the Client and HGServer for you, and for those who don't know how to edit them via source files, this is the best solutions.

And for those who know how to edit via Vs6.0 or any version of Visual Studio, by all means download the source and edit them.

For TSP, you ONLY need to edit the LOGIN.cfg inside "Contents\Login.cfg" to change the IP to your internal IP, then the client will be good to go. You can get all this after extracting the "Files.rar" into the Helbreath Original Folder.

The HGServer which I compile for you, is inside the "Server Files.rar" then inside "Server Files\GameServers" is the HGServer. Copy and paste to whichever maps you want to up, and change the IP too inside GServer.cfg.

You follow the steps you would be good to go. Take care, good luck and have fun.

Last edited by LifeX on Tue 15 Oct 2019, 9:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Centuu.-
♡ Game Master

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 4 EmptyTue 15 Oct 2019, 9:07 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Wouldn't it have been easier on you guys to just compile it and send like you did with a couple of the server files?

Yes, and no.

Yes, it would be much easier for you. But if you need to change or add something, you'll have to wait for us to do it.

And no, because we want to you (all the community) to learn how to build your own server with minimun aknowledge in C++
Back to top Go down
TSP

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 4 EmptyTue 15 Oct 2019, 9:53 am

Because I am in a good mood today, I shall assist you TSP.

Go to the google drive, I have updated two FILES. 1 is called "Files.rar" and another called "Server Files.rar"

Download those two files, and extract it. I have compile the Client and HGServer for you, and for those who don't know how to edit them via source files, this is the best solutions.

And for those who know how to edit via Vs6.0 or any version of Visual Studio, by all means download the source and edit them.

For TSP, you ONLY need to edit the LOGIN.cfg inside "Contents\Login.cfg" to change the IP to your internal IP, then the client will be good to go. You can get all this after extracting the "Files.rar" into the Helbreath Original Folder.

The HGServer which I compile for you, is inside the "Server Files.rar" then inside "Server Files\GameServers" is the HGServer. Copy and paste to whichever maps you want to up, and change the IP too inside GServer.cfg.

You follow the steps you would be good to go. Take care, good luck and have fun.
Thank you for helping me. The "Server Files.rar" seems to be missing. I was able to get your "Files.rar" so thank you for that one! I didn't manage to get Centuu's way to work yet but I'll keep trying to see if I can find a solution with my lack of knowledge. Any help is appreciated. If you manage to get Server Files.rar to be uploaded (or is it hidden?) that would be great too!

Thank you for the help so far.

Edit: it seems like some of the older files also aren't there anymore that I tried earlier this morning.

Edit2: With HGServer.rar I still get the same problem that I mentioned in the previous post when trying to compile. I'd love some help regarding this Centuu. The compiled server files that were there before LifeX uploaded his file
are still gone. I should have created a backup I guess :(
Back to top Go down
Centuu.-
♡ Game Master

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 4 EmptyTue 15 Oct 2019, 12:05 pm

Try now.
Back to top Go down
TSP

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 4 EmptyTue 15 Oct 2019, 2:04 pm

just those 4 sadly. Any tips on what to do with those errors by the way? should I try VS2010? or something else. I don't really know. Feel like being thrown in the deep end here, would very much like to try to get it to work. Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
Centuu.-
♡ Game Master
Centuu.-

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 4 EmptyTue 15 Oct 2019, 2:45 pm

Try again to open it with VS 2019, open the .sln press F6 and compile.
Back to top Go down
TSP

TSP

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 4 EmptyTue 15 Oct 2019, 3:42 pm

Thanks! Ill try out your suggestion tomorrow as I dont have time left for today. Any chance to get the older files from yesterday/early this morning to show up so i can try and compile those too?

Ill keep you updated on the progress once i try again
Back to top Go down
TSP

TSP

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 4 EmptyWed 16 Oct 2019, 1:01 am

Okay so... Second day of trying this... Followed your instructions... This is the first thing that happens the moment I open the .sln of hgserver.rar. Of course, I extracted all the files first:

The second part (after the whitespace in the picture) happens during compiling, just like last time. Please note that I don't have the whole user of \programadormblablabla\ so I assume it's trying to compile it from the way it's set up at your location :(

I feel like I made no progress at all in these 24 hours and it's really frustrating because I just don't know what to do. F6 doesn't seem to do anything after loading the .sln (or .dsw you instructed me yesterday) and compiling just gives errors.

And there's still the issue of there being less files on the server than yesterday as well as "server files.rar" missing that the other person instructed me to do.

I get that you want people to learn a little bit about compiling, or something like that. but this seems like me just downloading many gigabytes worth of a compiler and then just get errors thrown at me left and right even if following your instructions to the letter and as of yesterday afternoon also missing half the files to run a server.

What do you want me to do? what can I even do? I'm at a loss here and the way progress is going, it's going to take weeks to get anywhere. :(
Back to top Go down
TSP

TSP

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 4 EmptyWed 16 Oct 2019, 6:49 am

Why is VB2019 not working when compiling any of these files? Why are there errors? Why is your goal "teaching" us to learn to compile something we can't compile because of errors? I don't understand any of this. Another day of not being able to make progress. Just, why?
Back to top Go down
sleeq

sleeq

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 4 EmptyWed 16 Oct 2019, 6:57 am

Edit HGServer.rc and find this line

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] "afxres.h"

Replace with below
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] < windows.h > without the space
Back to top Go down
TSP

TSP

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 4 EmptyWed 16 Oct 2019, 7:02 am

Thank you for some help at least sleeq; changing it to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] will give an error while compiling too:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] expected a file name, found 'newline'

Guess I'll try to just remove tthe whole [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. No idea what the repercussions will be...
Back to top Go down
TSP

TSP

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 4 EmptyWed 16 Oct 2019, 7:04 am

Now I'm getting https://i.imgur.com/XkilNRq.png

So that doesn't help either. Anyway... No time left for today. Guess I'll try again tomorrow but I'm feeling very hopeless over this.

Why can't it just work?!
Back to top Go down
sleeq

sleeq

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 4 EmptyWed 16 Oct 2019, 7:06 am

Remove the space between the < and > so it will look like this
Attachments
[SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 4 Attachment1.jpg
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(5 Kb) Downloaded 6 times
Back to top Go down
TSP

TSP

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 4 EmptyWed 16 Oct 2019, 7:09 am

There is no < or > in that line at all.

Can anyone just upload both a client and a server source that I can just compile in VS2019 or VS2010 without having to edit anything that may or may not work? I just want to compile the files, edit the ini's to set up the IP's and just... run it and play?

That's all I'm looking for. How did all of you manage to compile all of this anyway?!

Edit: now I see your attachment. It looks like "" instead of < and > in VS2019... At least in the files the two admins recommended me to download.

Edit2: I didn't read the part of replacing it with windows.h... I'm so sorry. Guess I really just let my emotions get the better of me.

Last edited by TSP on Wed 16 Oct 2019, 7:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sleeq

sleeq

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 4 EmptyWed 16 Oct 2019, 7:12 am

Extract this into the HGServer source folder and you should be fine compiling it afterwards

Last edited by sleeq on Wed 16 Oct 2019, 7:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Centuu.-
♡ Game Master
Centuu.-

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 4 EmptyWed 16 Oct 2019, 7:14 am

It's complicated, yes... I understand. In my case, I work programming. Now I'll compile them for you and upload to the Drive.
Back to top Go down
TSP

TSP

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 4 EmptyWed 16 Oct 2019, 7:17 am

Repeating my last edit since you posted after my edit:

Edit2: I didn't read the part of replacing it with windows.h... I'm so sorry. Guess I really just let my emotions get the better of me.

you're right, I managed to compile it now. Now I have the "files.rar" from one admin extracted into my client folder so that one runs, but now I don't know what to do with this exe. The original server files that were uploaded on the gdrive aren't there anymore. I need those files for this server to work, right?
Back to top Go down
TSP

TSP

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 4 EmptyWed 16 Oct 2019, 7:19 am

It's complicated, yes... I understand. In my case, I work programming. Now I'll compile them for you and upload to the Drive.
Thank you too. If you leave them uncompiled but possible to be compiled with just a F5 press in VS2019 (I think this was your original intention with these files or sysetm?) that would also be great. I'm okay with learning but it's quite a leap of faith to go from no knowledge to troubleshooting issues.

Edit: time for me to head off to work, I'll only have time to try again tomorrow. Thank you both for the advice and hopefully I can manage to get it to work tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
LifeX
♡ Game Master
LifeX

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 4 EmptyWed 16 Oct 2019, 11:30 am

I dont understand your problem TSP. I have done everything for you, not sure what you are planning to do bro.

I put all the CONTENTS,SOUND and SPRITES and the compiled Client.exe inside Files.rar for you, you just need edit the login.cfg inside CONTENTS folder then you are good to go.

@Centuu, I think I upload those files, others cant see it except for you and me I guess.

LifeX

Back to top Go down
Hernan34

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 4 EmptyWed 16 Oct 2019, 12:49 pm

el server y los link andan perfectos. yo pude descargar todo, inclusive los archivos que subio LifeX con los fix recientes y todo anda bien.
entre recien y aca dejo una imagen que estan todos.
Back to top Go down

[SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Join Helbreath :: Open Source / Development Corner :: Files / Sources-
Jump to: