An essential info site for anyone learning the game. Great community and often very insightful posts.

HomeGet StartedSearchRulesRegisterLog in

[SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
Centuu.-
♡ Game Master

[SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 8 EmptyFri 25 Oct 2019, 7:42 am

When you hit, it cast the spell and reduce mana. Simple as that. Magic items only appears in high drops or manufacture (high rare prob).
Back to top Go down
Centuu.-
♡ Game Master

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 8 EmptyFri 25 Oct 2019, 8:07 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
iGetNextExpLevel
Searching for 'iGetNextExpLevel'...
Cannot find the string 'iGetNextExpLevel'.

Using the search function to search everywhere in the hgserver source or client source. Do you perhaps have the file/line where I can see/edit the formula? i.e. game.cpp, line 1 ?

I'm sorry, this is the function:

Code:
long CGame::iGetLevelExp(int iLevel)
{
 unsigned long iRet;

if (iLevel == 0) return 0;

iRet = iGetLevelExp(iLevel - 1) + iLevel * ( 50 + (iLevel * (iLevel / 17) * (iLevel / 17) ) );

return iRet;
}

It returns the specified exp for determined level.
Aaah thank you, that's exactly what I was looking for!

By the by, what was the train for thought behind adding spell damage attributes to melee weapons? i.e. esterks with "+5% damage to Energy-Strike"? Is there a way to cast spells while wielding these weapons? Or something else I'm missing?

You have to change it in the Client source too ! The function is in HG and Client.
Back to top Go down
Centuu.-
♡ Game Master

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 8 EmptyFri 25 Oct 2019, 8:11 am

UPDATED

- Fixed Next-Exp for Majestic Levels (missed '+1')
Back to top Go down
TSP

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 8 EmptyFri 25 Oct 2019, 12:27 pm

I figured out that it needed to be changed clientside as well, thanks for reminding. The weapons that cast the magic... I didn't even try that as I thought it only changed the damage of your casts, not that it procs off weapon attacks! That's definitely very, very powerful. Can those attributes also appear on rare items or just statted items? Definitely going to try it out when I get back from the weekend with the family!

On another note; Some of the creatures cannot drop items at all. I think It was the ettin and mountain giant, maybe a few others here and there too. Was this a conscious decision or overlooked? Some of the default weapons also deviate from the original damage dices. I assume this was a conscious decision by whomever edited the source before you got your hands on it?

I also urge you to look for the drop rates, as the drop rate percentages are only accurate with the base settings. i.e. "dice 1.10000 < primarydroprate" will get greatly reduced chance of triggering the lower the settings go. It'd be much better as a "dice 1.(1 * primarydroprate) < primarydroprate" (Though I dont know the exact code to get what you (or they) originally intended.)

Just some tips, but I'd like to hear your thoughts behind it. Perhaps do it even more complicated, have increased drop rates reduce the chance of lower rolls (I.e. low PA values) and increase the chance of higher rolls. as a 0.1% chance on an item (or stat proc on item) drop as some of it is in the code is still going to be a <1% chance to drop per kill even with a rare rate of 1.

Just some food for thought.
Back to top Go down
Yingo

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 8 EmptyFri 25 Oct 2019, 8:09 pm

Centuu puede ser que a los block de notas de GateServer, HMLServer, WLServer le falten algunas lineas para upear el server y que entre gente??

originalmente trae esto el GateServer:

gate-server-port = 6502
build-date = 1126
game-server-list = 192.168.0.000

y viendo otros que son asi:

gate-server-address = IP interior
gate-server-port = 6502

game-server-list = IP interior
game-server-list = IP externa(internet ip)
game-server-address = IP interior
game-server-port = 2101
build-date = 1126

permitted-address =IP interior
permitted-address = IP externa(internet ip)
Back to top Go down
TSP

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 8 EmptySat 26 Oct 2019, 2:24 am

You have set the game-server-list set erroneously to 192.168.0.000; thats not a valid ip address. Also, if I remember correctly, the gateserver will force itself on your internal ip address no matter what ip you told it to use. You can use that information to make absolutely sure you have set up the correct internal address. In case of virtual lans such as hamachi, it might try to listen to that. So just double check.

Furthermore, make sure you set the ports open in the router as the server files don't have upnp features. Good luck. I could help you more if you used English.
Back to top Go down
LifeX
♡ Game Master

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 8 EmptyMon 28 Oct 2019, 3:19 am

I strongly advise to change the function of iGetLevelExp because as you can see in the function, its a never ending loop. To avoid any memory lost, change the function name, and allow only 1 function to calculate and another to be called.

On TSP question, I answer below. Kindly mind my function name cuz i change my function name to suit me with that way so I know what I am doing. 

1. Magic Weapons if I am not mistaken does not have weapon damage but rather spell damage based on your Magic.cfg. I might be wrong as I dont have the source now, but yea. If what I say is true, regardless on what weapon it has the magic dmg, the weapon damage wont make any difference, hence having an Energy Strike Dagger and Energy Strike Devastator, wont make any difference. If I am not mistaken, the Magic Weapons stats is calculated and created in NpcDeadItemGenerator, which means it will be calculated and created upon normal drop weapons. If you want the rare weapons to drop those stats, you will need the same code of calculation and creation inside NpcDeadItemGenerator, and put into the rare items drop function, like DeleteNpc and also GetMultipleItem.

2.  What kind of items are you referring to? Give some examples. Pots? Gold? Sword with Stats, Armor with Stats? as you know, all these drops are inside one function. Then DeleteNpc is the mats and rare 2nd drop function. You need to see which drops you are referring to.

3. The dices are actually very easy, pardon me on this as my edited functions are different. What I can remember is that iDice is normally calculated either to 10000, or 30000 in HB. For Primary Drop Rate by default i think is 6500, and Secondary I think is 3000. From the formula you mention, iDice(1,10000) < m_iPrimaryDropRate. This means that under the RNG (Random Number Generator) is what HB is all about, if you kill 1 NPC, the RNG will calculate any number from 1-10000 ( thats why it is (1,10000). you cannot edit the minimum that is "1", BUT you can edit the "10000". So when PrimaryDropRate is 6500, which means out of 100% of drop rate, each npc u kill, you are getting a 65% chance that it has a drop, and the remaining 35% will be empty. If you would like a 100% drop rate for each npc kill, you change the 6500 to 9999. Think the number of 10000 = 100% and 6500 = 65%, that way it easier for you to gauge what Primary Drop Rate you would like. But the formula must used the sign "<". If you use iDice(1,10000) > 6500, it means the drop rate is now 35% and not 65% because of the ">" sign.

4. There is a code inside the item generator, that calculates the posibility of what stats is drop. similar to the answer I give in 3. Where it uses iDice too. There is alot of codes you need to understand. Like what code is for weapon, what code is for armor, and what code is for hp,mp,ma,pa,dr,mr. and which code is for hit prob, cad, and also code for ancient, critical, agile, sharp, strong, and those others, and in this particular source, the new Magic Weapon. And then you will need to interpret how the codes are send to client and how the client reads the code and display the text as Ancient GBH Hit Prob +7, or Strong Hauberk PA+30.

There is indeed alot to learn my friend. If you come from a programming background, you would pick it up, if not this will take a close 5-10 years for you to fully understand it. Having to learn C++ from HB is what got me to learn coding, now I know .NET, VB, C++, PHP, HTML5 all from my will to host and code Helbreath. I am sure you can too. :-) Keep it up.
Back to top Go down
TSP

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 8 EmptyMon 28 Oct 2019, 3:45 am

2.  What kind of items are you referring to? Give some examples. Pots? Gold? Sword with Stats, Armor with Stats? as you know, all these drops are inside one function. Then DeleteNpc is the mats and rare 2nd drop function. You need to see which drops you are referring to.

Every monster has (or should have) a loot table that specifies what kind of items they can drop, right? So that you don't get Flamberge +2's from slimes. In the case of mountain giants and ettins (And some others) they are not part of those loot tables. I.e. they cannot drop daggers, or flamberges, or hauberks etc.

Quote :
3. The dices are actually very easy

They are very easy. The issue isn't me not understanding it. The issue is that the code doesn't work anymore in certain values because the formula stops working. I'll give an example. This exists in the code of hgserver:

-------------------

if (iDice(1,10000) <= m_iRareDropRate) { // MORLA 2.6 - Rare droops

This piece of code is supposed to increase the rare drops the lower the value is (as with primary and secondary drops). However, you can clearly see it shows < instead of the supposed >.

-------------------

if (iDice(1,10000) >= m_iPrimaryDropRate) {
     // 35% Drop 60% of that is gold
     // 35% Chance of drop (35/100)
     if (iDice(1,10000) <= m_iGoldRate) { // Centuu : Agregado para controlar el drop de oro.
           iItemID = 90; // Gold: (35/100) * (60/100) = 21% 

This piece of code is supposed to reliably drop entities (gold, items) on a specific chance. i.e. "If something drops, then 60% of those drops should be gold" however, if you change the m_iPrimaryDropRate value in the CFG, then suddenly the gold drop rate is no longer 60%. Say you have a primary drop rate of 10, then the code says "If something drops (Which is now very frequent), more than 99% of anything that drops, will be gold."

You would have to drastically alter m_iGoldRate to get back to the 60% and give all other entities a fair chance of dropping. But if you alter the primary drop value from 50 to 100 or back to 6500 then you have to go back and alter the gold drop rates again.

This is only the gold example, it's the same for weapons (Where melee weapons will drop while shields/armor/rares will stop dropping completely with certain primary/secondary drop rates that are supposed to drop lots more (i.e. value of 1000 or less)
Back to top Go down
TSP

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 8 EmptyMon 28 Oct 2019, 3:58 am

Looking at the weapon code, it's not melee weapons that would constantly drop but wands:

// 1.4% chance Valuable Drop 60% that it is a Weapon
if (iDice(1,10000) <= m_iPrimaryDropRate) {
if (iDice(1,10000) <= m_iSecondaryDropRate) {
// 70% the Weapon is Melee

So if you set primary drop rate and secondary drop rate to 100 and 1000 respectively, melee weapons will almost seize to drop while other items will get a drastic increase. This is because m_iSecondaryDropRate and the primary version is a dynamic number (host can change the number) while the iDice is a strict 1 - 10000 range. The proposed % for drop rates (weapons, gold, armor) goes out the window when you chance the drop rate values. Therefore having a formula that is much more flexible is desired:

Code:
If <1 - 10000> is higher than (variable but set number anywhere between 1 - 10000)

when you want something to reliably trigger 60% of the time (Gold drop for example) is a bad formula.

Code:
If 1 - ((variable but set number anywhere between 1 - 10000) + 30%) = higher than (variable but set number anywhere between 1 - 10000)

Would make the code "drop-rate-value-editing-proof" and work as intended
Back to top Go down
LifeX
♡ Game Master
LifeX

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 8 EmptyMon 28 Oct 2019, 5:15 am

From what I see based on your reply, you dont really understand what I explained. lol

Either way you can do whichever way you deem fit. HB was coded back in 1999, if you have sufficient knowledge to revamp it, by all means please do. Like I say, my codes and functions are slightly different as I first understood how HB RNG works before I implement my own codes into it.

If in any given time you can do that, kudos to you. Centuu source was meant for those with minimum knowledge to actually play it. 

Gonna clarify one last time on the functions.

Code:
if (iDice(1,10000) <= m_iRareDropRate)

I am not sure what is the number for the variable. I am assuming its declared as integer, it could go up to 65555. But at this point of iDice the max range is only 10000, so any fellow who puts more then 10000 in the Settings.cfg will have an error of the function not being called, which I assume that is what you meant. At this function, any RNG give up an variable number between 1-6500, the function of RareDropRate will be called, simple as that.

Code:
if (iDice(1,10000) >= m_iPrimaryDropRate) {[size=16][/size]
     // 35% Drop 60% of that is gold[size=16][/size]
     // 35% Chance of drop (35/100)[size=16][/size]
     if (iDice(1,10000) <= m_iGoldRate) { // Centuu : Agregado para controlar el drop de oro.[size=16][/size]
           iItemID = 90; // Gold: (35/100) * (60/100) = 21%

Then you have this. This formula uses > is because I assume the ppl who edit the source meant to have the primary drop rate to be the lesser then better. Because if PrimaryDropRate variable number is 6500, any RNG number MORE than 6500 then item will drop, hence the 35%, because the odds of getting variable number above 6500 out of 10000 is 35%. and looking further down, once the RNG variable number hits the 35%, then it will where your gold rate of 60% out of the initial 35% will be gold, and the remaining 40% of the initial 35% will be items ( which have another calculation of Armor, Pot, Zems, Weapon ( which sill separate again for Wand and Melee ). If you follow the trail you will be able to identify each function called when iDice is calculated which is by stages of the initial 35%.

Code:
// 1.4% chance Valuable Drop 60% that it is a Weapon[size=16][/size]
if (iDice(1,10000) <= m_iPrimaryDropRate) {[size=16][/size]
if (iDice(1,10000) <= m_iSecondaryDropRate) {[size=16][/size]
// 70% the Weapon is Melee

Then you have this code. The code signifies that weapon drops from the whole initial 35% item drop, is now 35% of whichever % that is left. It is not from the whole initial 35%. After RNG have hit that function of 35%, it will calculate the again, and based on the comments, I assume the SecondaryDropRate should be 3000, because if it hits the 70% or the 35% initial percentage of weapon drop, it will be a wand, and the remaining 30% of the 35% initial percentage of weapon drop, will be a range weapon which is sword, esterk and such.

I am in office now, I cant really draw a chart to let you know understand the drop understanding. Once I am home I could do that for ya.

You can change the sign < or > depending on how you want your code and settings to be. Its entirely up to your own deductions on how to set the settings via Settings.cfg without touching source.

LifeX

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
TSP

TSP

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 8 EmptyMon 28 Oct 2019, 5:45 am

Alright, thank you for the information. I'll try to get through it. Some of it is a bit ambiguous for a newcomer like me but some of the comments in the files shed some light on it as well as you explanations. Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Centuu.-
♡ Game Master
Centuu.-

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 8 EmptyMon 28 Oct 2019, 6:55 am

Centuu puede ser que a los block de notas de GateServer, HMLServer, WLServer le falten algunas lineas para upear el server y que entre gente??

originalmente trae esto el GateServer:

gate-server-port = 6502
build-date = 1126
game-server-list = 192.168.0.000

y viendo otros que son asi:

gate-server-address = IP interior
gate-server-port = 6502

game-server-port = 2101
build-date = 1126

permitted-address =IP interior
permitted-address = IP externa(internet ip)

No, así funciona bien. Fijate de tener abierto los puertos que utilices o el firewall desactivado.
Back to top Go down
TSP

TSP

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 8 EmptyTue 29 Oct 2019, 5:40 am

Hey Centuu, I'd like to request for you to re-check the npc.cfg's, item*.cfg's and the drop tables for monsters. Certain monsters are lacking drops like I mentioned before (ie just check giant frogs, they can't drop any weapons/armors for example as well as some others I previously mentioned.)

As for npc.cfg, it's definitely been tampered with. Just open it and look for the damage dice of the fire wyvern. 100% certain it's not supposed to deal 159990D18 damage. There are more instances of tampered npcs and other files.
Back to top Go down
Centuu.-
♡ Game Master
Centuu.-

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 8 EmptyTue 29 Oct 2019, 6:47 am

Hey Centuu, I'd like to request for you to re-check the npc.cfg's, item*.cfg's and the drop tables for monsters. Certain monsters are lacking drops like I mentioned before (ie just check giant frogs, they can't drop any weapons/armors for example as well as some others I previously mentioned.)

As for npc.cfg, it's definitely been tampered with. Just open it and look for the damage dice of the fire wyvern. 100% certain it's not supposed to deal 159990D18 damage. There are more instances of tampered npcs and other files.
 NPC.item is default. Try removing the NpcItem.cfg from the files and 're-check' if the problem persists...
Back to top Go down
LifeX
♡ Game Master
LifeX

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 8 EmptyTue 29 Oct 2019, 11:00 am

Dude, I check the codes, Giant Frog's npc no. its not even registered in any iGenLevel, hence there wont be any drop from giant frog. Check the npc numbers inside NpcDeadItemGenerator, the items here are define by the npc generator level.

Base on the below settings :
Code:
Npc = Fire-Wyvern 73 3000 1000 1300 100 251210 263211 12250 105000 159990

73 is the Npc Type ( Npc Number )
3000 is FW's HP, and its multiplier
1000 is FW's defense ratio ( dex )
1300 is FW's hit ratio ( hit prob )
100 is FW's bravery, this allows the mobs to chase after you.
251210 is the Exp Dice Minimum Value
263211 is the Exp Dice Maximum Value
12250 is the Gold Dice Minimum Value
105000 is the Gold Dice Maximum Value
1559990 you should change to "20". That is the damage dice minimum value if the npc is on any particular status

And I dont know what server files are you guys using, are you using the server files I provided? Because there is no NPCItem.cfg.

And someone removed the AdminEvent logs.

Can you go into the function of 
Code:
void PutLogList(char * cMsg)

After ItemCount++;, below it, add
Code:
PutAdminLogFileList(cMsg);

Then inside every map folder, make a new folder called, "GameLogs" without the "", this will enable all logs for your server, hack logs, pvp logs, event logs and such, very useful to check bugs, laming and hacks.

Good luck, attach is just a normal DupItem.cfg
Attachments
[SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 8 AttachmentDupItemID.zip
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(1 Kb) Downloaded 1 times

LifeX

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Centuu.-
♡ Game Master
Centuu.-

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 8 EmptyTue 29 Oct 2019, 11:32 am

NOTE: Use the sources WITH THE PROVIDED FILES ! That's why we put them in the Drive guys. DON'T use .cfgs from other files...
Back to top Go down
TSP

TSP

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 8 EmptyThu 31 Oct 2019, 8:45 am

But... these are the cfg's from the drive. That's what I'm saying; they're edited by someone. maybe 10 or 15 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Centuu.-
♡ Game Master
Centuu.-

PostSubject: Re: [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files   [SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files - Page 8 EmptyThu 31 Oct 2019, 10:01 am

But... these are the cfg's from the drive. That's what I'm saying; they're edited by someone. maybe 10 or 15 years ago.

Try downloading the files.zip from the first page and look the .cfgs, because they are original (default config)
Back to top Go down

[SRC+FILES] HGServer-Client-Files
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Join Helbreath :: Open Source / Development Corner :: Files / Sources-
Jump to: